Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ideas for mobile phone use

I think the principle of use should be what value does it add - so instantaneous feedback or reflection that is concise.

I therefore would use it for discussion around articles, news bites, e-articles etc in a learning environment that promotes share learning, discussion and perhaps enquiry based learning.  I am not sure that this could be used much for my subject area as much of what I teach is technical and requires the application of rules, principles and formats to produce numbers etc

However, I can see that I could use it for discussion around the numbers in a tutorial setting or seminar - I could also use it for feedback after a lecture etc

However, I would be concerned about the quality of the reflection etc given the word constraint - although this depends on context.



To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm

No comments: